Our Approach to the Protection of Personal Information
When a customer uses the Company’s services or information, such as accommodations reservation, membership registration, product purchases, and requests for information materials, the customer is considered to have agreed to the Company’s Policy.Please note that the meaning of the terms used in the Policy is in accordance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information.
The Windsor Hotels International Co., Ltd.
Representative Director, Masayuki Nibu
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
The personal information that we collect consists of items such as the following.
- Personal information collected by telephone, fax, letter, Internet, e-mail, etc., during the conduct of work related to hotel reservations, restaurant reservations, weddings and banquets, and the purchase of products (including settlement)
- Personal information submitted when registering as a member, applying for various campaigns, checking in/checking out, and answering questionnaires
- Personal information obtained in the course of customer communications and after-sales service, such as during and after a stay at a hotel, dining at a restaurant, or using products
- Other personal information obtained by the Company during the conduct of business
This feature can be turned off by disabling cookies. Please check your browser settings. For more information, please see the Google Analytics Terms of Service (https://marketingplatform.google.com/about/analytics/terms/us/) and the Google Privacy & Terms (https://policies.google.com/technologies/ads?hl=en).
Purposes of Collecting Personal Information
The personal information collected from customers will be used for the following purposes.
- To make reservations for accommodations, food and beverages, and various services at the company, and to perform related services
- To respond to inquiries and requests for information materials from customers concerning reservations
- To fulfill contractual obligations to customers, parties involved in the process of making travel arrangements for customers (e.g., travel agencies and group tour operators), and external vendors (e.g., credit card companies and airline companies)
- To provide better hospitality and services to our customers
- To conduct customer trend analysis, customer satisfaction surveys, product/sales method development analysis, direct marketing, and sales promotion
- To provide sales and product information, various notices related to accommodations, food and beverage, and various services by mail, e-mail, fax, or telephone
- For record keeping
- To respond to other matters incidental or related to the Company’s operations.
Provision of Personal Information
The Company will not provide or disclose customers’ personal information to third parties except in the following cases.
- When prior consent is obtained from the customer concerned
- When required by law
- When necessary to protect human life, health or property and it is difficult to obtain consent from the customer concerned
- When particularly necessary to improve public health or to promote the sound development of children and it is difficult to obtain consent from the customer concerned
- When it is necessary to cooperate with government agencies, etc., due to special circumstances
- When outsourcing to the extent necessary to achieve the purposes of use
- In addition to the above, when it is permitted to provide customers’ personal information without their consent based on the Personal Information Protection Act
Security Control Measures
The Company takes necessary and appropriate measures to prevent leakage, loss or damage of the personal information we handle and to otherwise safely manage personal information. For information on the security control measures taken by the Company, please contact the “Personal Information Inquiries Hotline” at the end of this page by e-mail.
Disclosure, Correction, and Deletion of Personal Information
We strive to keep personal information accurate and up-to-date at all times. Please contact us if any of your personal information, such as address or phone number, changes. For disclosure, correction, or deletion of personal information, please contact the “Personal Information Inquiries Hotline” at the end of this page. When a person requests disclosure of his/her personal information, we will, in principle, disclose the information without delay after completion of the appropriate identification procedure.
Outsourcing of Operations Involving Personal Information
We may entrust personal information to outside business partners when we outsource work such as the delivery of goods entrusted to us by our customers or the delivery of our products. When outsourcing work, we select contractors and appropriately manage personal information as specified in the outsourcing agreement and other relevant documents.
Ongoing Activities to Ensure the Protection of Personal Information
The Company is committed to making continuous improvements for the protection of personal information. To this end, we continuously carry out the following activities.
- Conduct educational activities and in-house training for executives and all employees (regular employees, contract employees, temporary employees, full-time and part-time workers, etc.) to ensure compliance with laws, regulations, and other standards concerning personal information
- Make appropriate improvements to these activities, internal rules, and the operation of personal information protection in response to changes in laws, regulations, and the social environment
- Make information about our activities available to our customers at all times by posting such information on our website
About our website
The Company’s website uses a highly confidential encrypted communication technology called SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) when sending and receiving personal and credit card information entered by customers via the Internet. This function prevents the falsification of data sent from the Company and protects content by encrypting the data entered and sent by customers, so that our website can be used with peace of mind.
Personal Information Inquiries Hotline
The Windsor Hotel TOYA Resort & Spa
Shimizu, Toyako-cho, Abuta-gun, Hokkaido, Japan 049-5722
Revision: April 2022
Revision: May 1, 2023
The Windsor Hotels International Co., Ltd.